3 replies to this topic

#1 Tony

Tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:22 PM

Hi All

Can anybody help with this? When I want to Import or Export a customer file or any type of report to or from an Excel file, the command locks up my machine. I have just enough resources to open my task manager and find my PC is idle at 98% yet I cannot shut it down from the start menu to reboot. I have to cold boot the system. I also have a random situation where the MOM shortcut on my desk top also freeses my machine in the same fashion. Any suggestions?

#2 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

HI Tony,

1. Which version of mom are you running.
2. Which OS are you running.
3. How many pc's on your network
4. Do you have a firewall installed
5. Do you have Norton Firewall installed

... basically this looks like a real troubleshooting deal --

Something on your machine is not allowing a communication between your pc and the momwin pc (assuming you are networked) ... security features seem most likely...
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#3 Tony

Tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

HI Tony,
1. Which version of mom are you running.
2. Which OS are you running.
3. How many pc's on your network
4. Do you have a firewall installed
5. Do you have Norton Firewall installed
... basically this looks like a real troubleshooting deal --

Something on your machine is not allowing a communication between your pc and the momwin pc (assuming you are networked) ... security features seem most likely...

Hey David

I'm running 5.4 on Windows 2000 with 15 PC's. We have just installed a new router and firewall and anti-virus software. I will check if we have a Norton firewall and report back to you. I re-indexed the files this morning and the system found missing AP.DBF files. I have restored them from a back-up and am up and running again. One of my guys just reported to me that he cannot access the assemble kit function under the product/recieving & inventroy prompt. MOM locks up and forces you to exit. I think we have some underlying problems.

Help!

#4 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:16 PM

Hi Tony,

I'm at a loss here. There are so many potential things to look at. Have you contacted Dydacomp for support? If so, what was their response.

Also, have you tried running any of these processes from a different terminal.

Finally, are you trying to import from a file that is in use?

Best,

Dave
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users