• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raze

Raze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

I have a client using MOM. I need to get order data into the system, which appears to be easy using Import/Export Module. I also need to get out the full order data (with tracking number, etc) as well as current product inventory data. Can those things be done using the export feature? If not, is there any other option for getting that data out?

thanks in advance,
Joe

#2 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:24 AM

There are a couple of options for getting that data out of MOM. To answer your first question, no that data can not be exported using the import/export module. The only fields exported using that module are the same fields used to import orders.

Inventory levels can be obtained by running an inventory report. Go to Reports->Inventory->Master Inventory. Then you can pick and choose which items you want inventory on or select all items. You can print this report or you can save it to an Excel worksheet.

You can get tracking numbers out of MOM by going to Reports->Profit and Response->Shipping Charges Report. Select your criteria->Process->then save the data to an Excel spreadsheet. This report will contain your tracking numbers, shipping costs, and a bunch of other data. This report has the order number for cross referencing, but does not show much other data about what was shipped i.e. name, address, items shipped, etc.

If you really want the data you are looking for, in a format that you want, is easier to read, and has all the data in one report without having to cross-reference everything, you need a report writing program. There are many out there to choose from. You can use R&R Report Works (), Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, or others that you can find that are able to VFP (visual foxpro) files. R&R is (in my opinion) by far the easiest to use with MOM. It doesn't have all of the functions of something like Crystal, but it has served all of my MOM reporting needs (I have written about 75-100 different reports using R&R).
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

#3 Raze

Raze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

Jay,
Thanks for the reply. The reason I need to export this data is to import it into a database somewhere else for a web front end. Can any of the things you mentioned be set-up to require minimal or no user interaction? Is there any issue with running any of these while there are users actually in the MOM system? I wasn't sure if MOM locked access to the underlying FoxPro files or not. Thanks again.

Joe

#4 CDI Fulfillment

CDI Fulfillment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:07 AM

Joe,
I am most familiar with the capabilities of R&R, so that is what I will refer to. I have never had problems running reports with users still in MOM. Once created, there are ways to make reports run with little or no user intervention. R&R itself does not have a scheduler to run reports at specific times, but there are ways around that. One of the applications that is part of R&R is Rapid Runner. Rapid Runner allows you to run reports without having to open the full program in edit mode. What I have done to run daily reports is to create a shortcut on my desktop that runs a specific .set file. This .set file can contain 1 report or multiple reports. I just click on the shortcut as I am on my way out the door each night to run my reports. I also have a plug-in for Outlook that then emails those reports to specific email addresses each night.
Jay Snelgrove
Fulfillment Manager
CDI Media, Inc.

http://www.cdimedia.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users