• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steveweissmusic

steveweissmusic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

I would like to find resources available that help with the process of manually importing data into MOM. I've written some PHP scripts to do the data conversion, but I am worried that problems will come up in the future, once we start using MOM full force.

Here is what I am doing so far:

Importing Customers
I am mapping my data to 1 text file and appending it to CUST.DBF. As far as I can tell, this is the only table modified when a new customer is created.

Importing Suppliers
I am mapping my data to 1 text file and appending it to SUPPLIER.DBF. As far as I can tell, this is the only table modified when a new vendor is created.

Importing Inventory
I am mapping my data to 4 text files, and appending them to STOCK.DBF, STOCKINF.DBF, and STOCKMEM.DBF, and BUYPRICE.DBF. As far as I can tell, these are the only tables modified when a new stock item is created.

Please let me know if you see any problems with this method. If anyone is interested in developing a useful guide to importing / exporting from MOM please let me know.

#2 john

john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:06 AM

customers: if you are dealing with 1:1 customers (bill-to=bill-to) then i think that you can just append to cust.dbf. if you have 1:M (bill-to linked to sold-to(1), sold-to(2), sold-to(n), then you need to use custrela table - I'd call MOM then.

suppliers i think is fine.

inventory - stop. i think you are okay appending to stock.dbf. you can then use AIM import/export feature for inventory amounts. Net on Shelf is the GROSS inventory number (terrible choice of terms...)

stockmem.dbf is for SiteLINK info and is encrypted - you cannot append to file.

there is price.dbf file also for special pricing.

i think we just appended stock and supplier files, and manually did the buy points. price.dbf is easy once stock is in. MOM helped us with cust.dbf because we had to use custrela.dbf.

A useful guide would have been nice, but MOM tech support was pretty helpful at explaining what you can do via DBUWIN and should not regarding setup. they are willing to do a few data manipulations for you.

#3 notehead

notehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:42 AM

Customers is fine.

There are lots of other files depending on what your intentions are for inventory. If it's just for setting items up and not managing inventory you need bin.dbf too. It manages warehouse locations and if you do not set it up weird things happen. If you are considering managing inventory you need inventor.dbf invtrans.dbf. The AIM module is stupidly designed and a waste of money. You can import inventory qtys but not costs. how dumb is that? So if you import 100 items and some of thier costs have changed you need to first identify which ones and then manually update them. Duh....just use your tool or dbuwin. Just make sure you understand what's happening behind the scenes.

n

#4 Guest_Guest_steveweissmusic_*_*

Guest_Guest_steveweissmusic_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

It seems to be working fine, even though I haven't touched the bin.dbf table. How can I test MOM to try to break the bin.dbf table?

Thanks

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:58 AM

It seems to be working fine, even though I haven't touched the bin.dbf table.  How can I test MOM to try to break the bin.dbf table?

Thanks

View Post

I was able to find some problems with this. After setting up some items as drop ship items, some problems started occuring. I am now going to try to populate the bin.dbf file as well, and will report back.

#6 steveweissmusic

steveweissmusic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

Here is my updated method (includes bin.dbf):

I would like to find resources available that help with the process of manually importing data into MOM. I've written some PHP scripts to do the data conversion, but I am worried that problems will come up in the future, once we start using MOM full force.

Here is what I am doing so far:

Importing Customers
I am mapping my data to 1 text file and appending it to CUST.DBF. As far as I can tell, this is the only table modified when a new customer is created.

Importing Suppliers
I am mapping my data to 1 text file and appending it to SUPPLIER.DBF. As far as I can tell, this is the only table modified when a new vendor is created.

Importing Inventory
I am mapping my data to 5 text files, and appending them to STOCK.DBF, STOCKINF.DBF, and STOCKMEM.DBF, BUYPRICE.DBF, and BIN.DBF. As far as I can tell, these are the only tables modified when a new stock item is created.

Please let me know if you see any problems with this method. If anyone is interested in developing a useful guide to importing / exporting from MOM please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users