4 replies to this topic

#1 anythinggi

anythinggi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:17 PM

Hello,
We're using Microsoft Access to create most of our reports. For some reason when we make certain inventory reports, certain item #'s are duplicated sometimes many times. From what I understand when a record is changed in MOM it (foxpro) sometimes marks the record as deleted and creates a new one.

The problem seems to be the odbc driver doesn't filter out the records marked as deleted. Apparantly this is a Microsoft Foxpro known issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Michael

#2 interwoven

interwoven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

Hello,
We're using Microsoft Access to create most of our reports. For some reason when we make certain inventory reports, certain item #'s are duplicated sometimes many times. From what I understand when a record is changed in MOM it (foxpro) sometimes marks the record as deleted and creates a new one.

The problem seems to be the odbc driver doesn't filter out the records marked as deleted. Apparantly this is a Microsoft Foxpro known issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Michael

View Post

I am not 100% sure on this but from what I understand if you re-index this removes all the items marked as deleted. I do know that in DBU Win if you "pack" the table it removes all the items marked for deletion. You can see the records marked for deletion in DBU win as the left most box will be blacked out. I would backup before packing though just in case I am wrong. I would simply try re-indexing then create a report and see if that fixes it. Good luck

#3 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:13 AM

Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Michael

View Post

You may have your access keys set up incorrectly. For example, journal.dbf requires both the "order" and "trans_id" fields as the key even though they are not the first two fields in the table.

Hope this helps.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#4 dseibold

dseibold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:17 AM

It can also be the relationships you have set up between tables in your queries. You may have a one-to-many relationship when you need a one-to-one or a many-to-one relationship. Experiment with this and see if that will cure the problem.

For more help, I would need to see the SQL of your query.
David Seibold
Wild Horses, Inc.
Operations Manager

#5 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:32 AM

Hi Anythinggi,

Do you have a copy of Report Writer? This is a drag and drop report writing tool that eliminates the guess work for creating reports.

Besides, there are many free reports already posted on this forum that can help you with your inventory etc.

--You can also choose to view "deleted" / "non deleted" records or both when you use Report Writer.

Cheers,

Videoflicks2004
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users