• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 uwe999

uwe999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:53 PM

seems like only a few sitelink customers know about this forum so far.
Sitelink is down again today for over 10 hours already. Two weeks ago it was down for 17 hours and then 3 more times during the week for half an hour each. Sounds like a joke but it isn't ...
They even host their own website dydacomp.com which is down as well.

#2 Guest_Jv_*

Guest_Jv_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

does anyone have a detailed accounting of sitelink being down over the past year or two??

#3 uwe999

uwe999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:36 AM

does anyone have a detailed accounting of sitelink being down over the past year or two??

we are a customer for less than a year, but it is absolutely ridiculous how much sitelink is down. Their level of hosting experience is less than a college kid hosting a website of the the spare bedroom. 3 weeks ago we had 17 hours of downtime, then 4 more times the following week for at least half an hour until we told them and they restarted their server.
Now last weekend they lost their internet connection completely, over 14 hours downtime total, once it was up again we had two more downtimes of half an hour each.
Last night they notified us that they'll have their line provider do maintenance to prevent those issues. Now sitelink is down for 10 hours again and they have no freaking clue when it will come up again.

Time to switch!

#4 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:19 AM

I have to admit that once we left SiteLINK and found a solution that worked with Mail Order Manager, we were so much better off.

The folks we use now, Freeportway (http://www.freeportway.com) are amazingly responsive about issues and support. They have an 800 number, and a nice help desk system which allows you to track your issues. I think its funny that I can put an issue into the system on a saturday morning, and have a response in a short period of time -- I don't think I've ever had a Dydacomp person acknowledge a support issue on the weekend. In fact, if your have a problem on friday, your dead.

The thing I've learned about all this over the years (we had SiteLINK since 96' and moved to Freeportway in 2001), was that its not about downtime, its about response time. The Freeportway folks realize that your business is running on servers that they manage. They seem to care. Thats what I like about them.

On Dydacomp, I hear they are coming out with a whole new version of the MOM software and it will include SiteLINK. We use 5.0 and refuse to upgrade. What are peoples thoughts on this new product?

#5 ronj

ronj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

What blow our mind is the support. Their techs must be high school kids and you can never get them in a timley manner. You would think since most of the e-commerce is NOT during normal work hours (8-5) they would have support after hours. NOT

We are looking also for an alternative. If anyone has a good solution please let me know. There is no telling just how many sales LOST due to SiteLink.

#6 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:35 PM

Hello ronj,

I must correct something that you wrote. You wrote that SiteLINK doesn't has after hours support, that simply isn't true. SiteLINK does has 24/7 emergency support. You can either email [email protected] or call (973) 641-0901 during off hours and it will reach a support rep that has a cell phone and a palm pilot.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK Sales
Dydacomp Development Corp.
'Software Solutions for Direct Marketers'
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.Dydacomp.com

#7 jr1

jr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:18 AM

Did any of you experience Sitelink being down over the Labor day wekend. We can see a break in our sales of approx 50 hours or so of downage. Dydacomp says they don't know why "sorry"!

We ALL need to really create a network of users of this system and compile DOCUMENTAION, that is the only way changes can be made. I saw in a prior posting the word "class action". Food for thought, mmm. Yes we are made!

#8 Guest_Damion Michaels_*

Guest_Damion Michaels_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:53 PM

What is amazing is that you will notice that Neal says nothing about SiteLink being down - but only that there is after hours support. Big deal. I'd give up after hours support to have a freakin stable store front.

Thank God we are moving our storefront to another system in January!

#9 Guest_UWE_*

Guest_UWE_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:31 PM

Sitelink is down for over 90 minutes now and nobody answers the phones, replies to emails or page messages.
The night before the upload to Sitelink seemed to have corrupted the pricing, all discounts didn't work and we lost a lot of sales until we figured out why.

I'll wonder what lame excuses I'll hear from them tomorrow morning ...

#10 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:19 AM

Hello Uwe,

According to my records, the SiteLINK 24/7 Support Rep on duty last night sent an email to you letting you know he reset your store.

Did you call the SiteLINK 24/7 Support Line or the regular SiteLINK Support Line?

I'll look into what the issue was and get back to you.

The next step should be to upgrade your site to SiteLINK 5.0. That will give you greater stability and less problems when publishing.

I'll contact you directly.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.dydacomp.com/sitelink
SiteLINK Support: 973-774-4100
SiteLINK 24/7: 973-641-0901
There is no alternative to SiteLINK!

#11 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

Hello Uwe,

I looked into this in more detail.

It looks like the SiteLINK 24/7 support rep on duty received your message right away. He then began working on the your site (this was localized to your site, and did not effect any other SiteLINK store). However, the issue was complex and took the support rep a little while to fix. The support rep's main goal was to get your site up as soon as possible, which is why he did not reply right away. When he was able to correct the problem, he sent you the email letting you know the site was back up.

I will contact you later today to discuss upgrading your site to SiteLINK 5.0, but I think the 24/7 Support worked perfectly as designed, and we were able to respond to the problem right away and resolve it as soon as possible.

The only suggestion I'll make to the SiteLINK Support team as guidance is to reply to the customer before working on the issue just to let them know it's being taken care of. However, the decision made was an honest attempt to get the store back up as soon as possible, so I can understand it.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.dydacomp.com/sitelink
SiteLINK Support: 973-774-4100
SiteLINK 24/7: 973-641-0901