• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 robert

robert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:45 AM

Does anyone have any information on the MOM SQL version that I read about in Operations & Fulfillment Magazine? Also, I understand that there is a new SiteLink 5.0 version in the works.

#2 uwe999

uwe999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:35 PM

I have read the magazine too, it made me smile, or cry ...

#3 robert

robert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:00 AM

I would smile....an SQL database is more open and has less limitations than the FoxPro database. I just hope that Dydacomp will open their software up a little more so that we can write back to it more easily.

#4 Guest_Lont time MOM user_*

Guest_Lont time MOM user_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:51 AM

I agree with Robert. I'll be grinning ear to ear if a SQL version comes out. Either that, or I'll get sick of dealing with the FoxPro limitations and look for another CRM product.

#5 John.b

John.b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:01 PM

Hey guys. I work for Dydacomp and would like to shed some light on this post. First off, there is a new version of Sitelink, Sitelink 5.0 which is currently under beta testing. Honestly, I have personally seen it in action and it is quite impressive. As long as your on MOM 5.1 and have SL, you will be able to get it.

Regarding MOM XL (SQL), its most definitly in the works and will undergo beta testing very shortly. As some of you have stated, the SQL Server backend is extremely powerful and has many possibilites from remote access, own backup process, website integration, speed, etc. We have not released any offical documentation at the current time though. Check in with your sales rep and they can provide more information once it arrives and place you on a SQL interest database.

Hope this helps.

#6 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:06 AM

Please Please Please ...

Keep me posted once the SQL version has been announced. I skipped the 5.0 upgrade in anticipation of the SQL version.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users