2 replies to this topic

#1 mch

mch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:27 AM

Hi,
I am having a problem getting POs from our EDI software(ADX) into MOM and invoices from MOM to the EDI app.
1. POs: The EDI app creates either ASCII or excel output and generally I have tried match the output format to MOMs import.dbf. However,there seems to be some wierd 5 sku limit on any given order - is there any way around this? Most often I have used both an order header file and a order detail file to interface with OE applications, but MOM wants use a single file with each record constituting a PO. Has any body sucessfully interfaced MOM to an EDI appliaction without doing sommersaults with a middleware application to translate between the two systems?
2. Invoices: Why can't I specifically design a output map to match data fields in any order with a specific application (or any appliaction for that matter) ? MOM is very limited in its ability to manipulate the data into or out of the appliaction. What gives Dydacomp? Its a big world out there!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

#2 Guest_Vic_*

Guest_Vic_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:52 AM

Unfortunately,
Dydacomp lives in its own "world" and even ALL their customer service/tech reps that I've ever spoken with admit to the serious excessive and ridiculous limitations of MOM.

For example, we are trying to cut down or shipping costs and would like to use parcel post instead of Priority mail. We would still like to maintain delivery confirmation. Guess what? In order to do so, everytime you select parcel post you MUST manually modify each order/box and click "DELIVERY CONFIRMATION".

Why? "Because it is not a free service from USPS." So why NOT give US an OPTION in global variables for us to designate "Yes, it's not free, but we'll pay for it but please don't make us click enable each time! We want delivery confirmation on Parcel Post without having to jump through hoops!"

Everytime I call, I SERIOUSLY think about finding a new program. For its defense, MOM is not bad and is fairly cheap.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:44 AM

There is a field in the import structure called "Continued" that you use if you have more than five SKUs. How it works is you fill in the first line with all the pertinant customer information and the 5 SKUs, then you add another line right below it with an X in the continued field. You can then add another 5 SKUs on that line. If you have more, add another line with another X.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users