• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MaxyCommerce

MaxyCommerce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 10:39 AM

I'm using MOM 4.3 and we need enter 1000 or so new products to be drop shipped. I think there must be a way to enter product data in a batch, in a csv file or some other format. Anyone have a clue on this? MOM's help system doesn't shed any light, nor does the manual.

Thanks.

<<<<Too busy working to come up with a clever sig. Sorry.>>>>>

#2 Guest_Victor_*

Guest_Victor_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:55 AM

You can play with DBwin and the inventory dbf files (stock.dbf, inven.dbf? or inventor.dbf i forget). It's a risky thing to do if you don't understand the full relationship between the tables.

#3 uwe999

uwe999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:34 PM

we had to add thousands of products to MOM and I setup an import script, I use Microsoft SQL Server to import an Excel file into SQL server and then run a script to add the products to the various tables.
But I personally wouldn't recommend it unless you carefully study all the tables and fields and do extensive tests ...

#4 Guest_Dev01_*

Guest_Dev01_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2004 - 12:45 PM

I do this often (for about 16,000 dropship items) and it's very simple. I use Visual Basic 6/.NET, but you can use whatever you're comfortable with. Copy the Stock.dbf, delete all of the items in the copy. Then insert from the original Stock.dbf the products previously there, and then insert all of the new products from your data source (in my case MSSQL). ReIndex and you're done.

That's really the old way. The new way is to download and install the latest Visual FoxPro OLEDB/ADOX driver. Once you have that just insert the new records. You won't have to reindex because the new driver utilizes the Stock.CDX automatically. It really depends on which version of MOM you're using and your programming expertise. But it's not that hard. Just remember, always work with a copy of the tables and NOT the original ones.

Good luck,

Dev01

#5 shoreline

shoreline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 10:00 AM

I'm currently creating an application in Visual FoxPro for a client to upload new inventory. You want you can see a variation at www.iidanalysis.com click the VTL link. Remember to create a bin record for each item even if they are drop ship items.

#6 risnay

risnay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:45 AM

Wow reading these replies makes me think that i've been doing something wrong for over 2 years, I upload new product all the time, from 20 to 50,000 new items all I ever had to use is DBUWIN I create a dbf with the fields I need populated, in fact I use one file to populate both the stock and the buyprice dbf's the only differance is when I upload drop ship product I have the field Drop present in the dbf and marked as "T", after I upload I reindex and all is OK, the new bins are created in the reindex process. it takes about 1/2 hour only because my database is large and the reindex process takes about 25 min, I have had no problems doinf it this way so far.

#7 admin

admin

Supreme Commander

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:04 PM

WOW, reading these replies makes me think this site was a good idea. My main goal was to give people a place to share ideas and tecniques just like this so I'm glad it's working out well.

Make sure and tell your friends that use MOM about this site!

Thanks,

Dana
Make sure to tell all the MOM users you know about this site!

#8 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

Is anyone sharing apps / reports / tools / any other inhouse variants"?

Regards,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users