• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DanBowett

DanBowett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:32 AM

I am writing here because I am having serious problems. I have tried to install Sitelink on a new server. I follow the instructions to the letter but always get this error in my browser when I first lauch my site:

Active Server Pages error '00000000'

Create object failed

?

An error occurred while creating object 'sitelink'.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ae'

Class doesn't support Automation: 'sitelink'

/LM/W3SVC/70772194/Root/global.asa, line 8

I know I am missing something really simple. Could someone please help?

DanBowett

#2 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:56 AM

Hello Dan,

Even though Dydacomp doesn't currently support the old SiteLINK Toolkit version anymore, I researched this error for you and was able to find something that might help.

This could be caused by a couple of different things. First, try opening and saving the global.asa. This may solve the problem.

Make sure that "out of process" servers are enabled.

The "out of process" steps are in the old SiteLINK manual under Enabling SiteLINK on IIS.

If you do not have an old SiteLINK manual, you can download it off of the http://www.dydacomp.com support area.

The third thing to try is to check "dcomcnfg" settings also reference the SiteLINK manual for the section that explains the "dcomcnfg".

"dcomcnfg" should have one group that's not mentioned in the manual. It's IWAM_[your server name].

If you are still having problems after that, post here again, and I'll help however I can.

The issue may be above my head, and if I'm not able to help, I'll suggest contacting Mail Order Manager Helpers at 1-866-280-0350 or [email protected] who currently support the old Toolkit Version of SiteLINK.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK Sales
Dydacomp Development Corp.
'Software Solutions for Direct Marketers'
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.dydacomp.com/sitelink
SiteLINK Support: 973-774-4100
SiteLINK 24/7: 973-641-0901

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:15 PM

Neal,

Thanks for all the pointers but I have tried them all and I still get the same errors. It's Windows 2003 Server - do you know if that makes a difference?

Dan.

Hello Dan,

Even though Dydacomp doesn't currently support the old SiteLINK Toolkit version anymore, I researched this error for you and was able to find something that might help.

This could be caused by a couple of different things. First, try opening and saving the global.asa. This may solve the problem.

Make sure that "out of process" servers are enabled.

The "out of process" steps are in the old SiteLINK manual under Enabling SiteLINK on IIS.

If you do not have an old SiteLINK manual, you can download it off of the http://www.dydacomp.com support area.

The third thing to try is to check "dcomcnfg" settings also reference the SiteLINK manual for the section that explains the "dcomcnfg".

"dcomcnfg" should have one group that's not mentioned in the manual. It's IWAM_[your server name].

If you are still having problems after that, post here again, and I'll help however I can.

The issue may be above my head, and if I'm not able to help, I'll suggest contacting Mail Order Manager Helpers at 1-866-280-0350 or [email protected] who currently support the old Toolkit Version of SiteLINK.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler
Director of SiteLINK Sales
Dydacomp Development Corp.
'Software Solutions for Direct Marketers'
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
800-858-3666 x260
[email protected]
www.dydacomp.com/sitelink
SiteLINK Support: 973-774-4100
SiteLINK 24/7: 973-641-0901

View Post

#4 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:18 PM

Neal,

Thanks for all the pointers but I have tried them all and I still get the same errors. It's Windows 2003 Server -  do you know if that makes a difference?

Dan.

View Post

Dan,

Are you still getting the same error?

Neal Wexler

#5 DanBowett

DanBowett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:48 AM

Dan,

Are you still getting the same error?

Neal Wexler

View Post

Neal,

I still get the same error. I have tried installing it on a Windows 2000 machine too and get the same error.

Dan.

#6 DanBowett

DanBowett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:21 AM

UPDATE
=====

I have finally got it working!!!!

In the end I had to alter the "identity" for the Sitelink DCOM component from "Interactive User" to Administrator. Can you confirm this will not cause any problems in the operation of the site or suggest a way I can overcome this? I presume you are using Windows 2003 server for sitelink there?

Dan.

#7 SiteLINKTeam

SiteLINKTeam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:20 AM

Dan,

That shouldn't cause any problems.

Sincerely,

Neal Wexler