• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ryno200sx

ryno200sx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:54 AM

I am a computer consultant for UPS. One of my customers uses MOM to manage their business. I have no experience with the MOM software. I am setting up a keyed import for the UPS shipping software and I have a question regarding MOM's export abilities. I would like to export the order file several times throughout the day. Is there a way to export the file in the morning and export several times after that without overwriting the initial export file in the morning??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryno200sx
:rolleyes:

#2 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:50 PM

I believe not
due to fact that if you want to change export settings its done in global parameters and mom does not give 1 time options as it gives in import export orders
assuming that you are talking regarding ups worldship software

Attached File  untitled2.jpg   2.47KB   157 downloads

#3 Guest_uwe_*

Guest_uwe_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:19 PM

I would rather setup an ODBC connection to the MOM foxpro database and pull the data right into worldship.
I have a stop in between and save the MOM into in a SQL database and then have UPS pull from the SQL database instead.

#4 malaize

malaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computers, weight lifting, excercise, sports, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, toys, video games, eating

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:44 AM

We use the keyed import in Worldship to access customer info in MOM 5.1.

The IT Manager before me set this up by creating a Visual Basic 6 program that runs on our server. It checks the upsworld.dbf file every 5 seconds to see if it has been updated. When upsworld.dbf has been updated the program updates an Access 2000 file. The new data is constantly appended to the Access file. Worldship is set up via ODBC to read the Access file.

I actually have 2 companies on one machine set up so the keyed import will work for both of them. The packers just gotta remember to change the shipper number and keyed import. It was confusing at first but works well now.

malaize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users