• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jdiver

jdiver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:44 AM

I have a client using OSCommerce for their web ordering and MOM for their order management. They were previously using MIVA for web ordering, and in the MIVA export/MOM import process were somehow able to compare the customers from their web orders with the existing customers in the MOM database and assign the CUSTNUM field for repeat customers. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have the MOM import file being created correctly, and the only problem my client has with it is that it doesn't assign the customer number, which means it duplicates customers who have ordered before. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

#2 jdiver

jdiver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:18 AM

Let me ask another question, which might make the need of the first one null and void. Is the CUSTNUM only needed if the billing and shipping information isn't present in the imported file? Or does the CUSTNUM field serve another purpose as well?

#3 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:34 AM

Let me ask another question, which might make the need of the first one null and void. Is the CUSTNUM only needed if the billing and shipping information isn't present in the imported file? Or does the CUSTNUM field serve another purpose as well?

View Post

If the customer already exists in mom you only need the CUSTNUM for future imports. During the import process, MOM will cross reference the CUSTNUM against the CMS.DBF table and fill in the billing info. You will still need to enter shipping info if there is a different ship to.

If you enter the billing info it must match the info in MOM exactly. If there is a discrepency, MOM creates a new account.

Regards,

David Narciso
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#4 jdiver

jdiver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the reply David. What if there is no CUSTNUM in the import file, but that customer does exist in the MOM database already? Will MOM just create it as a new account, even if the billing info matches an account already present?

#5 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the reply David. What if there is no CUSTNUM in the import file, but that customer does exist in the MOM database already? Will MOM just create it as a new account, even if the billing info matches an account already present?

View Post

99% of the time it will match it up

#6 MerchantSmurf

MerchantSmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:04 PM

Jdiver,

Do you have anything setup to push order status, inventory and pricing back to Oscommerce?

#7 KPS

KPS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:36 AM

If you enter the billing info it must match the info in MOM exactly.  If there is a  discrepency, MOM creates a new account.

View Post

If the Custnum is imported along with the billing info but the billing info is different ( the customer has updated his info online) will MOM create a new account or will the Custnum indicate to update that customer's info? If a new customer will be created, is there any other way to tell MOM to update the existing customer and not create a new one? I seem to have a major problem with duplicate customers, as even a small change in the address information will create a new record!

#8 Guest_Bob_*

Guest_Bob_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:22 AM

If you include custnum in the import record, then billing information on the record will be ignored. If you omit custnum, then MOM will try to match the billing information on the record to what is already in MOM. If it finds a match, then it will just use the custnum that it matched to, without updating any billing information. If it doesn't find a match, then it will create a new custnum and use the billing information on the record for the new custnum. We have a process that updates our online system with custnum from MOM and another one that updates the MOM tables directly if a customer updates his billing information in the online system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users