• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:58 PM

We are considering purchasing R&R v11 as well as Rattler. Has anyone used it?

Cheers,

David
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#2 john

john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:34 AM

we are considering using rattle as it would provide some productivity to the number of reports we generally run.

v11 also has a way to password protect reports, which is a major improvement.

#3 rrinker

rrinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:33 AM

we are considering using rattle as it would provide some productivity to the number of reports we generally run.

v11 also has a way to password protect reports, which is a major improvement.

View Post

I've been working with R&R and RattlerR for another client (non-MOM) and while it does work fairly well, deployment is NOT for the inexperienced. You need to custom write ASP code for each report to deploy. Some combinations of parameter passing do not seem to work. All reports that HAVE parameters must be changed to use the RIPARAM() function - parameter fields will be ignored by RattlerR.
I was informed by the Liveware tech that helped me get started that there are some major improvements coming down the road which should make RattlerR much easier to use.

--Randy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users