• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 malexios

malexios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:56 AM

A remote terminal is going to connect to our network with Terminal Services (remote desktop connection in XP Pro) and It seems to work fine except for one problem: Text doesn't show up in MOM when you type. After you hit enter or tab to another field, it appears. It doesn't do this in any other applications.

Anyone run into this before?

As an unrelated side note, the file sysopts.exe reinitializes/reinstalls MOM, wiping out all databases and registration information without asking for confirmation. Guess how I found that out?

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:23 PM

TightVNC doesn't give me this problem, but it is not as seamless or as fast as TS.

Dydacomp's input was "I don't know"

#3 interwoven

interwoven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:49 AM

I noticed that also. But occasionaly the text will show as I type. I'll keep an eye on it and see if a pattern develops as to when it does and doesn't. Other than that seems to work fine.

#4 Guest_TBudzich_*

Guest_TBudzich_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:41 PM

I've recently installed MOM at our operation, and will be looking at this in the next few weeks.

I'll let you know how I make out with my own TS experimentation, and maybe we can compare notes.

-Ted

#5 rrinker

rrinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

I've recently installed MOM at our operation, and will be looking at this in the next few weeks.

I'll let you know how I make out with my own TS experimentation, and maybe we can compare notes.

-Ted

View Post

The only real problem we have with our client who is running MOM 5.1 through Terminal Server is that there is no way to restrict memory utilization - running large reports (their tables have grown quite large) causes Foxpro to load all temporary cursors into memory, since the TS server has 2GB RAM and this is what it sees as available memory. Running some of the more complex reports and then looking at Task Manager, you can see the MOM.EXE process for that user eating up a gig of RAM all by itself!
Pre-Visual Foxpro, FOxpro has configuration statements that would limit how much memory it saw, and would take care of problems like this. Visual Foxpro has dropped this. Anyone found a way around this? Back in the day, the problem was CPU load because of looping I/O in applications. TAME took care of that. Is there something like TAME that does for memory what TAME did for CPU?

--Randy

#6 Guest_Luke_*

Guest_Luke_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

It's strange that I found this forum and read this post today; I just was noticing that momwin.exe's memory usage climbed past 1 GB when I tried to run the Accounts > Receivable > Customer Statements report. It also brought the pagefile up to 1.3 GB.

Getting back to the terminal server / text problem:
We use MOM with TS (2k3 SBS) over the intranet and internet everyday and have never seen this problem.

Attached Files

#7 rrinker

rrinker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:51 AM

It's strange that I found this forum and read this post today; I just was noticing that momwin.exe's memory usage climbed past 1 GB when I tried to run the Accounts > Receivable > Customer Statements report. It also brought the pagefile up to 1.3 GB.

Getting back to the terminal server / text problem:
We use MOM with TS (2k3 SBS) over the intranet and internet everyday and have never seen this problem.

View Post

Yup, now imagine there's 30 users on the system....

The text problem sounds like a possible video resolution conflict. I've done a lot of Terminal Server and Citrix installs, including running my own custom Foxpro apps on them, and never have seen that happen.

--Randy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users