Photo

Import Orders from Excel Spread sheet .50 USD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you be intersted in purchasing a tool to import your orders from an excel spread sheet into MOM? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be intersted in purchasing a tool to import your orders from an excel spread sheet into MOM?

1. Yes (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Maybe (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:02 AM

Hi,

I've got a tool in development that will take an excel sheet and import it into aMOM import table.

This application scans your excel sheet for UPC and QTY and generates the import table. Great if you send out excel sheet flyers that customers fill in a qty and return the spread sheet to you.

For $99.50 USD you will get the Application and any future updates with support from me personally.

Let me know there is any interest.
I know that we have benefited from this application by saving hours of data entry.
Posted Image

Regards,

David

[email protected]
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#2 zelik

zelik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:16 PM

I would be interested in a module that can take amazon's order download (tab delimited) and import them into MOM. If you have that or can write that i'd buy it.

#3 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:54 PM

Hey,

Send me a sample file and I'll whip it up.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso

[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:05 AM

Why not just use the Import/Export Module in MOM 5.1 where you can change the structure of the Import File to match your website export file? That would work the same exact way.

#5 ypf1258

ypf1258

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:01 PM

david
deb ross at axton.com has one

#6 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:29 AM

Hi,

Axton's tool is great! We purchased it 2 years ago and we use it to create purchase orders.

The difference with our tool is that it creates an import file which in turn generates an order in mom. Debra's tool does not create an order in mom.

We use the PO create program for generate P.O.'s of pre released material that we do not have an order for in MOM.

Cheers,

David
David Narciso

[email protected]

#7 interwoven

interwoven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:51 AM

Hi,

Axton's tool is great! We purchased it 2 years ago and we use it to create purchase orders. 

The difference with our tool is that it creates an import file which in turn generates an order in mom.  Debra's tool does not create an order in mom. 

We use the PO create program for generate P.O.'s of pre released material that we do not have an order for in MOM.

Cheers,

David

View Post

David,
I have been trying to import part of my order info into MOM with little success. I just need to get the name, addresses, and credit card info in and then fill in the order items. The problem I have is some of the fields are not formatted correct. The phone number, credit card exp date for example. Also when it tried to import the shipping address when it was different than the billing it kept putting the wrong info in there and I ended up with some messes so I just gave up. I could send you a sample of how our data comes in (it,s comma seperated) and if your tool would do this I would be very much interested.

Also does Axtons tool show you what you have in stock at the present time or do you just print out a report from MOM of your current inventory and then enter it in what you want to order into Axtons tool and then import it.

Thanks
Brian

#8 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

David,
I have been trying to import part of my order info into MOM with little success. I just need to get the name, addresses, and credit card info in and then fill in the order items. The problem I have is some of the fields are not formatted correct. The phone number, credit card exp date for example. Also when it tried to import the shipping address when it was different than the billing it kept putting the wrong info in there and I ended up with some messes so I just gave up. I could send you a sample of how our data comes in (it,s comma seperated) and if your tool would do this I would be very much interested.

Also does Axtons tool show you what you have in stock at the present time or do you just print out a report from MOM of your current inventory and then enter it in what you want to order into Axtons tool and then import it.

Thanks
Brian

View Post

Hi Brian,

Please email a copy of your orders so I know what they look like and I will test out my utility to see if it will import correctly. I can have my software modify things like an incorrectly formatted credit card expiration date to fit the IMPORT.DBF format. [email protected] please c.c. [email protected]

Neither Axton's tool nor my tool will allow you to preview your stock before you import your orders.

We only use Axton's tool to order Movies that are pre releasing and have a time sensitive order date. (often a month in advance). Since we don't have any orders in mom for the title yet we use Axton's tool for creating a purchase order in MOM. We tried entering our pre release ordersl in MOM first but too many videos were getting shipped before we were technically allowed to (Studio rules).

I hope I can be of assistance.

Regards,

David
David Narciso

[email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users