• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spatten

spatten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:09 PM

I was wondering if anyone has used Sitelink to create an "order entry" process with Sitelink?

We have an "off site" call center that currently takes orders for us and we want to provide them a "direct link" to our database and our inventory status.

So we are in the process of creating this interface.

If you have created something like this for yourself or if you know someone who has, let me know.

We currently have a couple of RFP's out and have gotten Dydacomp's proposal back.

Before we made our final decision, I thought I would "shout out" and see if anyone had some feedback.

MOM and the Kidz

#2 zelik

zelik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:20 PM

an easier solution would be to use terminal server, create accounts for them to login using remote desktop/terminal service web client (etc..) and let them use MOM remotely. Of course, you can use security measures to make it as secure/safe as possible. That would be the way I'd go, it's a lot less risky than investing in a proprietary solution.

#3 Videoflicks2004

Videoflicks2004

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:~ DVD ~ BLUE RAY ~ HD DVD ~ HOLOGRAPHIC DVD ~ Quantum Computing.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:53 PM

Hey,

That's the solution we have in our place. We use a program called TIMBUKTU PRO which allows a couple of cust serv reps to log in to the office and work like they were here. You need an extra pc terminal in the office but it works.

Cheers,

Dave
David Narciso
Ecommerce Operations Manager CVS Inc

[email protected]

mobile: 4168238175

DISCLAIMER: Always backup your MOMWIN folder before attempting to perform any updates, testing, etc. Once you blast the data away it's gone forever.
My advice is based on my 8 years of experience with MOM and Dydacomp. If you are not comfortable with data manipulation then hire someone who is.

#4 Guest_Guest_Interwoven_*

Guest_Guest_Interwoven_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:18 AM

We just use remote desktop connection. I log in from home all the time and enter and check on orders for customers. Just have an older extra PC we use with nothing but MOM worstation on it. I even quick print the orders and they are all ready to go in the morning. Set up a login with limited permissions and you would be set to go. Of course you need XP pro on the machine you are going to log into. Not sure if there are any issues doing it this way or not but I'm sure someone in here with a better knowledge than myself will let us know if there is. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users